The official mobile ticketing app from San Francisco Municipal Transportation Agency! The MuniMobile app lets you purchase and use fares and passes instantly on your phone—anywhere, anytime. Just download the free app, register your debit/credit card or PayPal account in our secure system, and you’re ready to go.
WHY YOU’LL LOVE THIS APP:
• No paper fares to keep track of.
• No need to carry cash, count exact change, or find a ticket machine.
• Buy and use fares instantly using a debit/credit card or PayPal.
• Store multiple tickets on your phone for future use.
• Pay a single fare or multiple fares for a group of riders.
• Register your debit/credit card(s) in our secure system.
• Purchase tickets on your phone or on any computer via our website.
HOW IT WORKS:
1. CHOOSE RIDER TYPE: Adult, Senior/Disabled/Medicare, Youth, or SF Access
2. CHOOSE FARE: Single Trip Fare for Muni Bus & Rail, Single Ride Fare for Cable Car, or Passports
3. CHOOSE QUANTITY: You can buy multiple tickets to use later
4. CHECK OUT: Pay with Visa, MasterCard, or PayPal
Q: Do I need to be connected to the Internet?
A cellular network or a wireless Internet connection is required to purchase tickets, but you can use/activate your tickets offline.
Q: What if my battery dies?
Just like with paper tickets, you’re responsible for making sure you have a valid fare at all times, so be sure to plan ahead!
• Don’t uninstall the MuniMobile app or erase your phone without transferring your unused tickets first. Your tickets are stored on your phone (which makes it possible to use them without a cellular network or a wireless Internet connection), so uninstalling the app can permanently erase your tickets. Activate your ticket before boarding.
• In the subway, activate (“use”) your purchased mobile ticket before passing through metro station fare gates. Show your active ticket to the station agent, and pass through the fare gate closest to the station agent booth. If the station agent is not present, you may still pass through the gate as long as your ticket has been activated. Do not attempt to “tag” the gate.
• On the surface, use your purchased mobile ticket before boarding the vehicle. You may board through any door. If you feel more comfortable boarding through the front door to show your ticket to the transit operator, please feel free to do so.
• For Cable Car, use your purchased mobile ticket once you are on board the vehicle. Show your mobile ticket to the Cable Car conductor.
• Watch your battery level! Just like with paper tickets, you’re responsible for making sure you have a valid fare at all times.
• Create an account before purchasing tickets, as this is the only way you can transfer your unused tickets if you get a new phone. (Note: Only unused tickets can be transferred. Use up any activated tickets before switching phones.)